Head of History - TLR 2B
Commencement Date: 1 September 2019
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Head of History, with the skills and knowledge to teach pupils with challenge, passion and commitment.
At Mercia School, lessons are:
- Exceptionally challenging for all pupils, no matter their ability or need.
- Taught in a traditional way that gives pupils time to practise and master content.
- Crucial to raising aspirations so all pupils have a successful career and a happy life.
- Preparing pupils for the challenges at GCSE and A-level, from day one.
- Focussed around historical writing, inference and interpretation. High quality sources will be central in most lessons to create mystery and intrigue.
Your role will be to teach excellent lessons, driving historical literacy, chronology and knowledge with passion and enthusiasm, promoting a love of learning and committing yourself to the vision of the school. You will also contribute to the enrichment programme. We are a small, dedicated team and we want to recruit someone who can help us deliver an unrivalled curriculum.
We welcome applications from talented, ambitious individuals who can dedicate themselves to the implementation of the school’s vision.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4 January 2019