Vision and Values
At Mercia School we offer an education that is traditional and academically rigorous. It is our belief that all pupils, whatever their background, have a right to a culturally rich education. We strive to ensure all pupils can access the very best universities in the land, or a valuable alternative.
All Mercia pupils:
- Believe hard work leads to success;
- Are inquisitive and strive to master knowledge in all areas;
- Show impeccable behaviour at all times;
- Are leaders who take responsibility for their learning and actions;
- Are passionate learners;
- Display respect, kindness and gratitude as standard;
- Are committed to the school’s values;
- Remain curious and are keen to develop an independent mind.
All Mercia parents:
- Support the high expectations of Mercia School;
- Are fiercely loyal to the values of the school;
- Share an unshakeable bond with teachers and the school ethos;
- Embrace and support the school’s discipline model;
- Are aspirational for their child and support the school’s academically rigorous curriculum;
- Understand the positive role they must take in ensuring their child is culturally enriched.
All Mercia staff:
- Are relentless in supporting the school’s ambition to be the very best school in the UK;
- Are leaders of knowledge in their specialism;
- Understand it is their professional imperative to be at the forefront of educational debate, research and practice;
- Conduct themselves professionally in and out school and uphold high standards of dress, speech and are passionate lovers of learning who find joy in helping young people;
- Take pride in being a highly-skilled individual that is professional;
- Are emotionally intelligent;
- Keep commitments made to students, families and colleagues;
- Show kindness and gratitude at all times;
- Work hard for young people;
- Constantly look to make a positive difference;
- Are aspirational for all students.